Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Working on Breaking Into The Gaming Scene

I am up at 4:40 in the morning because I went to sleep too early last night. L Regardless, being up so early has allowed me two things. One being privacy and the second being and easier hijacked internet access. During the day it gets sluggish to the point of not wanting to use it but now I see that the internet is a lot faster.

See, I’ve been trying to figure out what I should do with my returned PS3 and internet access from the neighbor ( and I nifty new red and black headset for the PS3 ) . I wanted to join an online faction of some sort but honestly, even I have to admit that my gaming ability is kinda rusty. So what I should be doing is sharpening my skills so I can at least compete.

However, I haven’t been able to push myself to play the more popular online games such as the Call of Duty series. Matter of fact, I’ve been more interested in the Rainbow Six Vegas 2 game that I got when I got my PS3 back. However, I have a lot to learn about squad play. Also, when I played online, not many people I actually played with had headsets so it was hard to communicate a functional plan. Regardless, I still have to work on the game itself. I am just on level two and I do see the “You’ve been killed” screen more times than I would like.

Slightly frustrating when you fail in things you actually like … which seems like a running theme in my life the past few weeks. A little discouraging if I do say so myself. But I am doing my best to manage and balance and stay above the shallow yet dangerous water of self-loathing.

But right now, I have to work on knocking off some of these games so I can delete the Game Data from the hard drive. I downloaded DC Universe Online a while back and Jasmine seemed to actually like it but with the slow internet, I felt deleting it would allow me to play the other games I have in my library. However, I am having second thoughts on that. It is an online game that allows you to create your own super hero/villain and complete missions. Some with other players. It would be a nice game to get used to being online since I, for some reason, cannot properly download PlayStation Home and I haven’t bought Sims 3 yet.

Bottom line is that I have to re-familiarize myself to the gaming scene before I jump to the online completive scene. Words from the infamous Disney cartoon Filmore, “Baby Steps, [Nicolas]! Baby steps.”

No comments:

Post a Comment